Saturday, May 24, 2008

Our Weekend Project

Another long weekend!! I can't tell you how much I enjoy them. This weekend we decided we needed to sod the backyard. I'd have to say it is one of the ugliest backyards I have seen before we laid grass.
Here is a before picture, and keep in mind this is AFTER we had pulled all the weeds and picked up the thousands of random rocks:













And this is after:














It is amazing what a little grass can do. Obviously we aren't done, because we want to plant some flowers along the edge of the fence and have some sort of decor for the backyard, but it is a start. It is already a hit with the dog (she prefers it as her food rather than a spot to relax). =)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

It looks fantastic! Can you come do mine now?!!

Unknown said...

It looks a ton better with grass! We had one of those weekend projects too, but we planted the flowers! So, much work, but love the finished product! =)

Rebecca said...

Nice! I even see you have some outdoor furniture. Now you should have some dinners outside.