Kenslee Elaine King is finally here!!
Last Thursday I got up to get ready for work, and my water "partially" broke when I was getting ready. I wasn't too sure that it was my water, so I hesitated for a while to tell Vince. Finally around 8ish I told Vince and he decided we should just wait a little while and see what happens. So we did and about 10 minutes later more water came out and we decided to head to the hospital. Once we got there and got checked in, they wanted to make sure it was actually my water that broke (not sure what else is could have been??) and they did a few tests. The first came back negative and the second positive. Once again, they were unsure weather to keep me. They decided to call my dr and she got in around 11:30am. She did the same test and checked to see if I was progressing. When she was checking me, she ended up breaking my water completely, which I'm guessing there was already a leak in there to begin with. So...it was confirmed...I was having a baby :)
Once they told me I was staying, they asked if I wanted an epidural. I thought "are you joking? They weren't that bad but what the heck! Lets get one!! lol" So At about 12:30 I got the epidural, and it was smooth sailing till about 10pm when it was time to push. I ended up pushing for 3 hours, and still she wasn't coming out on her own. Also she had gone to the bathroom in me because of all the stress and her heart rate was dropping during each contraction so the dr decided to use forceps. I was sad, but so ready to have her out of me, that I didn't complain. Little miss Kenslee was born the next day (June 11th) at 12:55am. She is perfect in every way with all the hair I could have ever dreamed of!!
We are loving being a family of 3 :)
Last Thursday I got up to get ready for work, and my water "partially" broke when I was getting ready. I wasn't too sure that it was my water, so I hesitated for a while to tell Vince. Finally around 8ish I told Vince and he decided we should just wait a little while and see what happens. So we did and about 10 minutes later more water came out and we decided to head to the hospital. Once we got there and got checked in, they wanted to make sure it was actually my water that broke (not sure what else is could have been??) and they did a few tests. The first came back negative and the second positive. Once again, they were unsure weather to keep me. They decided to call my dr and she got in around 11:30am. She did the same test and checked to see if I was progressing. When she was checking me, she ended up breaking my water completely, which I'm guessing there was already a leak in there to begin with. So...it was confirmed...I was having a baby :)
Once they told me I was staying, they asked if I wanted an epidural. I thought "are you joking? They weren't that bad but what the heck! Lets get one!! lol" So At about 12:30 I got the epidural, and it was smooth sailing till about 10pm when it was time to push. I ended up pushing for 3 hours, and still she wasn't coming out on her own. Also she had gone to the bathroom in me because of all the stress and her heart rate was dropping during each contraction so the dr decided to use forceps. I was sad, but so ready to have her out of me, that I didn't complain. Little miss Kenslee was born the next day (June 11th) at 12:55am. She is perfect in every way with all the hair I could have ever dreamed of!!
We are loving being a family of 3 :)
Waiting for Kenslee to be born...
She finally made it! 7 lbs 14 oz and 20 inches long!
First Family photo :)
Going home outfit!

11 comments:
From Savannah:
One time can we go and visit her at her house...instead of the hospital. =)
Look at all that dark hair! She is gorgous, congrats! I'll bet you are having so much fun. =) Can't wait to see her in person in a few weeks!
Her hair is soooo cute! Big huge congrats, I'm so happy for you guys. And good luck with all the adjusting - not that I know anything about it, it's just what "they" say :)
Congrats Jill and Vince, on a perfect little girl!!!
congratulations! She is adorable:) How are things going for you so far?
YAY!! :) :)
love her! love you!
Congrats!! She's adorable
Congratulations! she couln't be prettier!!
How did I miss this post?? Congratulations!! She is so gorgeous, and you look amazing :)
Congrats! I love her chubby cheeks!
Post a Comment