Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday!!

I had no idea shopping on a crazy day like Black Friday would be so much fun! :)

I've never been the one to wake up before 7am...for anything, so this day wasn't any different. I set my alarm for 5 am and turned it right off till about 8:45am :). I wanted to go to Walmart and see some of the deals there. I especially wanted the $1.50 towels, and I thought "no one is going to get up that early just for towels". I was wrong. So we got up, and we were at Walmart by 9am (record time!) . I asked one of the associates where the $1.50 towels were and she laughed at me. Apparently that was a joke. She nicely said they didn't have them anymore. Well we were determined to find some...and guess what?! WE DID! 10 towels! Yes, people just throw things everywhere and don't put anything away, so we searched and were able to find 10 towels which made us really happy. They I remembered the 32 piece dinner set for $19. Again, we searched everywhere and we able to find one set left in a completely difference aisle. We also go a hair trimmer, and some other needed things. Then it was time to hit the mall. We were able to get 25% of at Express for Vince, and about 10% off for me at the Buckle (nothing great), but it was still a good day. So lesson learned...you don't have to wake up early to get the deals you are looking for (unless you are looking for the 50 in. TV at Best Buy....then you are out of luck).

Either way...I really hope this one day boosted our economy like we were counting on!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I'm glad you found all the stuff you were looking for... I didn't want to even go through all the traffic that day, so I stayed at home. I know I am lame.... but good for you! And your bathroom looks good by the way!

Katie said...

Jill, I love your blog! The work you've done to your house looks great!